Home » News » Public Safety
Injured teen bicyclist ID’d
MANCHESTER — A 13-year-old boy remains hospitalized in critical condition in Lebanon where he is being treated for a head injury after he was thrown into the path of a car Tuesday when his bicycle collided with another car.
Police identified the teen as Tarik Mukanovic, who first was taken to Catholic Medical Center and then to Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center, where he remains hospitalized.
The crash happened about 3:30 p.m.
Police said Mukanovic was riding his mountain bike on Kelley Street when he collided with the front of a 2013 Volkswagen Jetta operated by Chad London, 36, of Manchester.
Mukanovic was thrown into the opposite lane of travel and into the path of a 2008 Lincoln Town Car driven by Raymond Lamy, 86, also of Manchester.
Police said Lamy did not have enough time to stop, and his car drove over the teen.
Emergency workers freed the teen, who had been pinned underneath the Lincoln. Firefighters used two airbags to lift the car.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- After Keene riot, PSU campus on alert as party plan is spread by social media - 0
- 2-alarm Manchester fire displaces 10 - 0
- Missing Mason man found dead - 0
- Nashua police chief to retire - 0
- Pinkerton student taken to hospital after being hit by car - 1
- Heroin overdoses claim two in Laconia - 0
- Concrete chunk falls onto sidewalk from Elm Street building in Manchester - 0
- Traffic, parking complaints related to Hollis farm stand - 0
- Crews still working on replacing poles after accident - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Misleading women: Does Kuster think they're bad at math? - 0
- NHIAA Tournament Roundup: Campbell boys pull upset - 0
- Marchand scores 2, B's win - 0
- Ex-Nashua deputy police chief sues city and outgoing police chief - 0
- Manchester pub crawl leads to arrest of four - 0
- Shaheen, Brown supporters gather at final debate - 1
- Senate candidates sharply divided on Islamic threat, Ebola, Obamacare - 16
- Stocks up on GDP, earnings - 0
- Rocket blast damps Orbital as commercial space rush lures rivals - 0
Trump fired up over NH mailer
School's out for voters