Home » News » Public Safety
Injured teen bicyclist ID’d
MANCHESTER — A 13-year-old boy remains hospitalized in critical condition in Lebanon where he is being treated for a head injury after he was thrown into the path of a car Tuesday when his bicycle collided with another car.
Police identified the teen as Tarik Mukanovic, who first was taken to Catholic Medical Center and then to Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center, where he remains hospitalized.
The crash happened about 3:30 p.m.
Police said Mukanovic was riding his mountain bike on Kelley Street when he collided with the front of a 2013 Volkswagen Jetta operated by Chad London, 36, of Manchester.
Mukanovic was thrown into the opposite lane of travel and into the path of a 2008 Lincoln Town Car driven by Raymond Lamy, 86, also of Manchester.
Police said Lamy did not have enough time to stop, and his car drove over the teen.
Emergency workers freed the teen, who had been pinned underneath the Lincoln. Firefighters used two airbags to lift the car.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Talk of 'wings on pigs' threats on police tests U.S. speech rights - 0
- Brentwood police look to increase coverage after officer's death in May - 4
- Police investigate report of shots fired - 0
- Manchester blaze that left dozens homeless was accidental - 0
- Milford woman injured in Bedford crash - 0
- Park on any side of the street in Manchester during Christmas week - 0
- NYC mayor wants protests on hold after police deaths - 0
- Mother of two says she's lucky, even though condo destroyed in blaze - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Two Manchester women arrested in separate shoplifting incidents in Hooksett - 1
- Maine police search car belonging to husband of Londonderry shooting victim - 0
- Man arrested after chase, threatening to shoot police in Bow - 0
- Good Samaritan pins Manchester purse snatcher - 0
- Homeless man who saved woman from river: 'I don't consider myself a hero' - 9
- High School Basketball: Rivalries renewed in QCIBT - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Will they get everything on their list? - 0
- Tuohy brothers add new restaurant in familiar spot - 0
- New Horizons volunteers deliver groceries and good cheer, making Christmas special - 0
Londonderry schools placed on lockdown after soldier's unplanned visit to high school causes alarm
Police say woman tried to steal 15 iPads