Home » News » Public Safety
Seabrook woman critical after Labor Day motorcycle crash in Derry
A Seabrook woman was critically injured in a Labor Day motorcycle crash in Derry. (Courtesy Derry Fire Department)
Elizabeth Sigman, 64, of 48 Wortherly Ave., was a passenger on a motorcycle driven by Thomas Sigman, 70, of the same address, on old Auburn Road, according to Derry police.
The crash occurred when the motorcycle was traveling north on Old Auburn Road and crossed into the opposite lane and collided with a Honda about 12:30 p.m., Derry Fire Battalion Chief Jack Webb said in a statement. The Honda was driven by Morghan Goguen, 18, of 9 Scott Lane, Sandown.
Thomas Sigman was not wearing a helmet and suffered serious orthopedic injuries and a head injury, according to Webb.
Elizabeth Sigman, who was wearing a helmet, also suffered serious orthopedic, internal and head injuries, Webb said. The force of the impact visibly damaged her helmet and “directly contributed to saving her life,” Webb said in the statement.
Goguen and her passenger, Alexandra Jandreau, 17, of 39R Scenic Drive, Derry, were taken to Parkland Medical Center with minor injuries, according to officials.
READER COMMENTS: 2
- Farmington school evacuated for bomb threat; police say kids are safe - 0
- Claremont elementary school to get safer sidewalks - 0
- Fire leaves Derry family of four homeless - 0
- Homeless man rescues woman who jumped from Granite Street Bridge - 2
- Propane driver saved from waist-deep mud - 0
- Update: Men target practicing face felonies after report of shots fired in Hooksett - 5
- One-alarm fire kept to chimney area of Bridgewater home - 0
- Nashua woman hurt in Pelham crash - 0
- Man hurt in fall from tree stand in Swanzey - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- State House Dome: Just past Concord session a mixed bag - 0
- Monarchs squeak by Bruins - 0
- Memorial hockey shuts out Trinity - 0
- Dover's Parratto a national champion - 0
- UNH defense comes up big against Redbirds - 0
- St. Anselm men knock off Post - 0
- Leadership, defense made Katie Bishop, of Conway, an All-American - 0
- Jet menace faltered under Rex - 0
- Strong start lifts Bedford to win - 0
UNH loses to Illinois State
Cyber security a fear in NH, too
Nashua police left rattled by tot's death
A new era for Nashua's police force
Haylee Ann-Marie Patten