All Sections
Welcome guest, you have 3 views left.  Register| Sign In


Claremont home saved from garage fire


CLAREMONT - Investigators believe recently-used stain rags left in a garage spontaneously ignited, starting a fire early Saturday that firefighters contained before it spread to the house, the Claremont Fire Department said.

According to a press release, the owner of the house at 22 Chestnut St. noticed smoke in the hallway around 4:30 a.m.

He checked the garage and found severe heat and more smoke, then went back to the house to wake his family and get everbody outside.

Firefighters contained the fire around 6 a.m., but work continued to reach old asphalt shingles that were burning under a steel roof deck installed recently, the release said.

The last firefighters left the scene around 9 a.m. There were no injuries.

The fire department said the house had some minor smoke and heat damage.




Zac Brown Band
Friday - Monday, 4 p.m.

Robert Cray Band
Sunday, 7:30 p.m.