Families First in Portsmouth offers parenting classes
PORTSMOUTH - Families First Health and Support Center, 100 Campus Drive, is offering several free classes for parents next month.
"Building in Protection from Risky Situations," Tuesdays, Sept. 9 and 16, 6-7:30 p.m. Learn about creating protective factors to strengthen a family and help children resist and avoid risky situations and behaviors as they grow into teenagers and adults.
"When to Worry & What to Do," Wednesday, Sept. 10, 9:30-11 a.m. Join psychologist and author Dr. Dawn Huebner for a Q&A session about the behaviors parents wonder about, worry about and wish would go away.
"More 1-2-3 Magic," Thursdays, Sept. 11 and 25, 9:30-11 a.m. This class will give parents of 2-year-olds to teens strategies to get kids to start good behaviors, from going to bed to doing their homework.
"Staying on Track," Tuesday, Sept. 23, 6-7:30 p.m. This class will give parents a chance to check in about what's working and what's not with their child's routine at home and school and to troubleshoot with other parents and class leaders.
"Stress and Children - How Parents Can Help," Tuesday, Sept. 30, 6-7:30 p.m. Dr. Laura Rubin, a clinical psychologist and neuropsychologist, will discuss how stress affects children and practical ways to reduce stress.
Classes include free child care. Advance registration is required. To sign up or for information about the classes and other programs at Families First, including play groups and family nights out, call 422-8208 ext. 2 or go to FamiliesFirstSeacoast.org programs.cfm.
To improve the chance of seeing your comment posted here or published in the New Hampshire Union Leader:
- Identify yourself. Accounts using fake or incomplete names are suspended regardless of the quality of posts.
- Say something new, stay on topic, keep it short.
- Links to outside URLs are discouraged, if used they should be on topic.
- Avoid comments in bad taste, write well, avoid using all capital letters
- Don't cite facts about individuals or businesses without providing a means to verify the claim
- If you see an objectionable comment please click the "Report Abuse" button and be sure to tell us why.
Note: Comments are the opinion of the respective poster and not of the publisher.Be the first to comment.