Dec 4, 2014
Oct 30, 2014
Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
NH killer in 1991 Smart trial seeks time with wife
William “Billy” Flynn was 16 when he was charged with shooting to death the husband of Pamela Smart, who was his lover and an employee of the school he attended.
Flynn and a friend, Patrick Randall, who held Smart’s husband at knifepoint, were convicted of second-degree murder.
The New Hampshire Department of Corrections kept the inmates separate by having Flynn incarcerated in Maine while Randall served his sentence in New Hampshire.
“We basically stated that William Flynn has been discipline-free over 15 years and completed all programs and treatment required of him,” New Hampshire corrections spokesman Jeff Lyons said.
Flynn’s bid to be furloughed comes amid renewed interest in the Pamela Smart case.
Smart, who is serving life in prison without the possibility of parole, has maintained her innocence and said that Flynn was responsible for the murder.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- In Gorham, landlord saw a change in kidnap suspect - 0
- Family of abduction survivor Elizabeth Smart offers hope in wake of Conway teen's ordeal - 1
- Feds step up protection against sexual violence - 0
- 2 more arrested over alleged drug dealer robbery in Exeter - 0
- State seeks to address handling of campus assaults - 0
- Update: Londonderry search of shooting victim's home has concluded - 0
- N.Y. man sentenced in sex assault of NH child in 1988 - 0
- Hearing ordered in 1971 murder - 0
- Police investigating bank robbery in Nashua - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Another View -- Bill O'Brien: Ask your state rep. to vote for transparency in the House - 0
- Old friends and a 'homeless angel' make for good stories anytime - 0
- Clooney gets it: Sony attack was not a 'crime' - 0
- New coats warm city kids, firefighters' hearts - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Martin, Pinkerton top Salem in tournament - 0
- Inmate reported missing from Concord transitional unit - 0
- College Roundup: SNHU women win - 0
- Merrimack's Schaller scores first NHL goal, but B's get win - 0
- For Rex Ryan, another close loss to Pats - 0
The Sony hack: Kim's judgment of Obama
Tensions boil over after NYC police killings
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483