Home » NewHampshire.com » Outdoors » Foliage
NH Audubon's Rare Bird Alert for Aug. 26
A Forster’s tern and a whimbrel were seen in Hampton Harbor on Aug. 24.
Two immature little blue herons were seen in Philbrick Marsh from Route 1A near the boundary between North Hampton and Rye on Aug. 24.
Seven white-rumped sandpipers were seen in Hampton Harbor on Aug. 24.
A peregrine falcon was seen in Ashland on Aug. 25, one was seen at Long Pond in Benton on the 25th, and two were seen in Hampton Harbor on the 24th.
A yellow-bellied flycatcher and a laughing gull were seen at Odiorne Point State Park in Rye on Aug. 24.
Six olive-sided flycatchers were reported from Randolph on Aug. 21, one was seen in Rumney on the 22nd, one was seen in Sandwich on the 21 and two were seen in Sandwich on the 23rd.Migrating common nighthawks were reported from numerous locations throughout the state during the past week.
This information is also available by phone recording: call 224-9909. If you have seen any interesting birds recently, you can leave a message at the end of the recording or send your sightings to the RBA via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Hundred Nights Shelter is holding its first annual Holiday Auction this Dec. - 0
- Derry places 'Giving Tree' in Municipal Center - 0
- Former Londonderry student sails into Navy career aboard the USS Lincoln - 0
- Frisella Fine Art Studio in Candia to hold open house - 0
- Ballet superstar Misty Copeland joins local dancers in Nutcracker - 0
- AC/DC Tribute Band to rock Rochester Opera House - 0
- Memorial recalls church fire, while calling to mind those lost to AIDS - 0
- Reunion of sisters mirrors impact of WWII - 0
- Grammy-winning conductor at helm of 'Nutcracker' orchestra - 0
NH's fishing industry staggered
NH's back-road rest areas fading away
NH suffers 4th worst outage on record