Home » News » Public Safety
Manchester man sustains life-threatening injuries in Bedford crash
At the accident scene between Covenant Way and Jenkins Road, police found two destroyed vehicles in the eastbound travel and breakdown lanes that had collided in a head-on fashion a little after 5 p.m.
After a preliminary investigation, Bedford police believe a tan 1999 Ford Contour operated by a 20-year-old Manchester man was traveling westbound when it crossed the yellow centerline for unknown reasons and struck a landscape trailer being towed by a pickup truck traveling east. The Contour then struck a grey 2004 Chevy 2500 pickup truck also headed eastbound.
The driver of this Chevy was a 49-year-old Bedford woman who was taken to a local hospital with non-life threatening injuries. The driver of the Contour suffered life-threatening injuries and was ultimately flown to an out-of state hospital.
Traffic on Route 101 was re-routed for nearly two hours while the crash was investigated.
The Bedford Police Department’s Technical Accident Reconstruction Team is currently investigating the crash and is asking any witnesses not yet interviewed by police to call the Bedford Police Department at 472-5113.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Talk of 'wings on pigs' threats on police tests U.S. speech rights - 0
- Brentwood police look to increase coverage after officer's death in May - 4
- Londonderry schools placed on lockdown after soldier's unplanned visit to high school causes alarm - 38
- Police investigate report of shots fired - 0
- Manchester blaze that left dozens homeless was accidental - 0
- Milford woman injured in Bedford crash - 0
- Park on any side of the street in Manchester during Christmas week - 0
- NYC mayor wants protests on hold after police deaths - 0
- Mother of two says she's lucky, even though condo destroyed in blaze - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Two Manchester women arrested in separate shoplifting incidents in Hooksett - 1
- Maine police search car belonging to husband of Londonderry shooting victim - 0
- Man arrested after chase, threatening to shoot police in Bow - 0
- Good Samaritan pins Manchester purse snatcher - 0
- Homeless man who saved woman from river: 'I don't consider myself a hero' - 9
- High School Basketball: Rivalries renewed in QCIBT - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Will they get everything on their list? - 0
- Tuohy brothers add new restaurant in familiar spot - 0
- New Horizons volunteers deliver groceries and good cheer, making Christmas special - 0
Londonderry schools placed on lockdown after soldier's unplanned visit to high school causes alarm
Police say woman tried to steal 15 iPads