Home » News » Public Safety
Manchester man sustains life-threatening injuries in Bedford crash
At the accident scene between Covenant Way and Jenkins Road, police found two destroyed vehicles in the eastbound travel and breakdown lanes that had collided in a head-on fashion a little after 5 p.m.
After a preliminary investigation, Bedford police believe a tan 1999 Ford Contour operated by a 20-year-old Manchester man was traveling westbound when it crossed the yellow centerline for unknown reasons and struck a landscape trailer being towed by a pickup truck traveling east. The Contour then struck a grey 2004 Chevy 2500 pickup truck also headed eastbound.
The driver of this Chevy was a 49-year-old Bedford woman who was taken to a local hospital with non-life threatening injuries. The driver of the Contour suffered life-threatening injuries and was ultimately flown to an out-of state hospital.
Traffic on Route 101 was re-routed for nearly two hours while the crash was investigated.
The Bedford Police Department’s Technical Accident Reconstruction Team is currently investigating the crash and is asking any witnesses not yet interviewed by police to call the Bedford Police Department at 472-5113.
READER COMMENTS: 15
- Londonderry response team celebrates 10th anniversary - 0
- Police say to expect more arrests in wake of Keene chaos - 6
- Keene police working to identify rioters, notify other colleges of students' participation - 8
- Bedford woman injured when tree falls on her - 0
- Clarksville man accidentally shoots himself - 0
- KSC graduate in town says he aided a wounded party-goer - 0
- Weare shakes its head at police department saga - 4
- Keene State College students clean up after mayhem, say weekend riots were not their fault - 11
- Londonderry man killed in I-495 off-ramp crash identified - 0
READER COMMENTS: 1
- GT Advanced Technology attorney hoping for Apple agreement today to allow more openness in bankruptcy court - 0
- Nashua caretaker wants evidence suppressed in sexual assault case - 0
- Former coach from Nashua charged in sex assaults claims confession was involuntary - 0
- NH highways have potentialy deadly guardrail end pieces, transportation commissioner says - 0
- Neighbor won't be charged in shooting death of Rumney chiropractor - 10
- Staples says it is probing possible payment card data breach - 1
- Manchester police: Ga. man stole truck in Mass. to visit mom in NH - 0
- South African Olympian Pistorius sentenced to five years in girlfriend's murder - 0
- Expect the unexpected in NHIAA field hockey tourneys - 0
A series of sharp exchanges at 2nd CD debate
Murder-suicide ruled in Fremont deaths
Keene police working to identify rioters, notify other colleges of students' participation
Locked in a dead heat, Shaheen, Brown spar