action:article | category:NEWS03 | adString:NEWS03 | zoneID:67
Fugitive of the Week Jonathan Benedict

CAPTURED

Jonathan E. Benedict

Oct 30, 2014

Darrell Cook

Darrell W. Cook

Oct 2, 2014

Michael Polchies

CAPTURED

Michael Polchies

Sep 25, 2014

Jarrett Michael Cote

Jarrett M. Cote

Sep 18, 2014

Home » News » Crime

August 26. 2014 12:41PM

Manchester Crime Watch: Fugitive in shooting, stabbing cases brought to court

MANCHESTER — Dominic Stanin, 47, who lists the homeless services center at 140 Central St. as his address, was arraigned Tuesday in Circuit Court-Manchester District Division on felony charges of first-degree assault, robbery and felon in possession of a dangerous weapon.

Police said Stanin had been sought in connection with a July 31 shooting and an Aug. 14 stabbing, both on Lowell Street.

Stanin could enter no plea to the felony charges in Circuit Court, so a probable cause hearing was set for Sept. 9, so a judge can determine if there is sufficient evidence to send the case to the Hillsborough County North Grand Jury.

Because Stanin was out on bail on charges of resisting arrest and loitering, police prosecutors filed a motion to revoke Stanin's bail and have him held without bail until trial.

Stanin and his son, Dominick Stanin Jr., 19, also known as Bobby Slante, were the U.S. Marshals Fugitives of the Week. Manchester Police assistant the Marshals in arresting the elder Stanin Monday.

The younger Stanin is still at large. He is wanted on charges of first-degree assault and armed robbery with a knife.


Bail revocation hearing Thursday
Alexi Santiago, 22, of 65 Hecker St., was supposed to have a bail revocation hearing Tuesday in Circuit Court-Manchester District Division. Santiago was arraigned Monday on charges of loitering and assault, for allegedly assaulting a man who confronted Santiago while he was allegedly going through a car. Because he is accused of committing new crimes of loitering and assault while out on bail on a burglary charge, police prosecutions filed a motion to revoke Santiago's $1,000 cash/surety bail on the June 2 burglary charge.

But attorney Thomas Ficarra told Judge Gregory Michael that he could not represent Santiago, because of a conflict. Michael said perhaps a public defender could appear on Santiago's behalf on Tuesday afternoon. But Ficarra told the judge: “The public defenders have conflicted out.”

So Michael set a bail revocation hearing for Thursday, reinstated Santiago's bail on the burglary charge and set bail on the new charges at $5,000 cash/surety.

Has a deferred sentence
David Stubbs, 44, who lists the homeless services center at 140 Central St. as his address, was arraigned Tuesday in Circuit Court-Manchester District Division on a charge of violation of a protective order.

Police prosecutor Carrissa Pelletier said Stubbs has a 12-month deferred sentence on an April 2014 conviction for violation of a protective order involving the same woman.

Pelletier requested $2,000 cash/surety bail for Stubbs, with conditions that include no contact with the protected woman. Stubbs asked Judge Gregory Michael for personal recognizance bail, but Michael responded: “That's not happening.” Michael set bail at the amount requested by the prosecutor. Trial was set for Oct. 1.







Follow us:
Twitter icon Facebook icon RSS icon
  • Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
  • KSC students
  • 37%
  • KSC administration
  • 2%
  • Police
  • 6%
  • Visitors from out of town
  • 18%
  • A combination of any/all of the above
  • 37%
  • Total Votes: 2483

 New Hampshire Business Directory

  

    ADD YOUR BUSINESS TODAY!

 New Hampshire Events Calendar
    

    SHARE EVENTS FOR PUBLICATION, IT'S FREE!

Upcoming Events