Home » Opinion » Editorials
Obama waits: A terror threat grows
President Obama's response to the beheading of journalist James Foley was to get dressed, read some strong words, and return to the golf course. He is back from vacation today. Now what?
“From governments and peoples across the Middle East, there has to be a common effort to extract this cancer so that it does not spread,” Obama said last week, passing the buck. “...And we will continue to confront this hateful terrorism and replace it with a sense of hope and civility.” Confront it how? With what? When?
We hope the President's delay in killing as many of our new enemy as possible stems from secret attempts to free remaining hostages. If not, we are projecting weakness by responding with words to people who communicate in deeds. Obama does politics the Chicago way — you hit him, he hits you harder. In foreign affairs, he is timid, and that has great costs.
Obama said the group that murdered Foley “has no place in the 21st century.”
Then let's bomb the bastards back to the 7th. Every day we delay, they get stronger.
READER COMMENTS: 2
- Manchester makes move to outsource student driver education program - 3
- Nashua education board chair concerned about test scores - 0
- Dartmouth scholar to co-lead Arctic initiative - 0
- Manchester school health costs down, but plans called 'generous' - 0
- Manchester school board reaffirms 'get tough' policy for student assaults - 3
- Pinkerton Academy to issue refunds to sending towns - 0
- New Boston firefighters share safety tips with elementary school students - 0
- Public hearing on proposed school bonds - 1
- Crotched Mtn. school suit alleges abuse - 3
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Misleading women: Does Kuster think they're bad at math? - 0
- Marchand scores 2, B's win - 0
- Ex-Nashua deputy police chief sues city and outgoing police chief - 0
- Shaheen, Brown supporters gather at final debate - 1
- Senate candidates sharply divided on Islamic threat, Ebola, Obamacare - 16
- Stocks up on GDP, earnings - 0
- Rocket blast damps Orbital as commercial space rush lures rivals - 0
- GT Advanced, Apple try to keep lid on COO's comments - 0
- Former Farmington fire chief waives arraignment on theft charges - 0
Trump fired up over NH mailer
School's out for voters