Home » Opinion » Editorials
Obama waits: A terror threat grows
President Obama's response to the beheading of journalist James Foley was to get dressed, read some strong words, and return to the golf course. He is back from vacation today. Now what?
“From governments and peoples across the Middle East, there has to be a common effort to extract this cancer so that it does not spread,” Obama said last week, passing the buck. “...And we will continue to confront this hateful terrorism and replace it with a sense of hope and civility.” Confront it how? With what? When?
We hope the President's delay in killing as many of our new enemy as possible stems from secret attempts to free remaining hostages. If not, we are projecting weakness by responding with words to people who communicate in deeds. Obama does politics the Chicago way — you hit him, he hits you harder. In foreign affairs, he is timid, and that has great costs.
Obama said the group that murdered Foley “has no place in the 21st century.”
Then let's bomb the bastards back to the 7th. Every day we delay, they get stronger.
READER COMMENTS: 9
- Kuster's abortion lies: Claims against Garcia are untrue - 29
- The Obamaconomy: Shea-Porter shows its flaw - 30
- Smith schools Hassan: Leadership in Londonderry - 0
- Where officers live: Manchester is missing the point - 4
- Leo Bernier: For Hillsborough County Commission - 0
- Insurance exchanges Sam's Club or Obama's club? - 11
- Garcia and Guinta: For a change, send them to DC - 22
- Jeanne's travel ban: She doesn't want Obama here - 14
- Making it up: Shameless state Senate attacks - 9
READER COMMENTS: 0
- John Habib's City Sports: St. Thomas coach: I owe Central - 0
- Armed burglar from Derry sentenced to prison - 0
- 'Bingo hunting' police use random license plate checks to make arrest - 0
- Bedford police investigating burglary at Verizon Wireless store - 0
- Police: Manchester man charged with endangering child after going 101 mph - 0
- FairPoint customer concerned about blocked emails - 0
- Plaistow narrows field in search for its new police chief - 0
- Man faces robbery, assault charges after extradition from NY - 0
- Hershey Bears shut out Monarchs - 0
Hershey Bears shut out Monarchs
School's out for voters