VFW National reported spending close to $30 million on fundraising in 2012, the latest year for which tax records are available. To raise $100, on average, it spent more than $40 on phone solicitations and direct mailings. Brickmill Marketing Services in New Hampshire contracted for direct mailings. This has stirred criticism from Forbes magazine, among others. The magazine in 2010 said the most efficient charities among the nation's 200 largest spent $10 or less to raise $100.CLICK TO VIEW THE SOURCE MATERIAL
To improve the chance of seeing your comment posted here or published in the New Hampshire Union Leader:
- Identify yourself. Accounts using fake or incomplete names are suspended regardless of the quality of posts.
- Say something new, stay on topic, keep it short.
- Links to outside URLs are discouraged, if used they should be on topic.
- Avoid comments in bad taste, write well, avoid using all capital letters
- Don't cite facts about individuals or businesses without providing a means to verify the claim
- If you see an objectionable comment please click the "Report Abuse" button and be sure to tell us why.
Note: Comments are the opinion of the respective poster and not of the publisher.
Be the first to comment.
Post a comment