Oct 30, 2014
Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Sep 18, 2014
Former Colebrook Fire Department treasurer accused of embezzlement
LANCASTER — A Coos County Superior Court grand jury has indicted the former treasurer of the Colebrook Fire Department and Colebrook Fire Precinct for embezzlement over a four-year period between January 2010 and June.
Doreen Smith, 51, of 151 Main St. in Colebrook, is charged with two Class A felony counts of theft by unauthorized taking and four Class A misdemeanor counts of tampering with public records or information for allegedly filing financial records she knew were false during that time.
The theft counts involved sums greater than $1,500, according to the indictments.
In other indictments the grand jury handed up during its August session:
Joshua Riff, 23, of 88 High Street in Berlin, is charged with first-degree assault, a Class A felony, on May 26 in Berlin. Riff is accused of using a deadly weapon, a knife, to injure Jonathan Bailey.
George Iskandar, 42, of 138 East Milan Road, in Berlin is charged with delivery of articles to prisoners, a Class B felony, on Nov. 15, 2013, at the New Hampshire State Prison, Northern State Facility, in Berlin. He's accused of delivering buprenorphine tablets on that date, according to the indictment.
— Bob Hookway, Special to the Union Leader
READER COMMENTS: 0
- $50k bail for two charged with beating pizza delivery man - 0
- Latest round of riot arrests includes 5 Keene State students - 0
- Suspected Pa. cop-killer Eric Frein taken into custody - 0
- Anonymous tip leads to arrest of moose poacher - 0
- Victim in Hampton pedestrian crash files lawsuit against driver, town and state - 0
- Dover police say man broke into same business three times - 0
- Two more Keene State College students charged in riots - 1
- Two Keene State students among three newest riot arrests - 1
- Man charged with robbing Rochester bank while wearing zebra-print dress is arraigned - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Misleading women: Does Kuster think they're bad at math? - 0
- Another View -- Cass R. Sunstein: The hidden tax you pay when you wait - 0
- NHIAA Tournament Roundup: Campbell boys pull upset - 0
- Marchand scores 2, B's win - 0
- Ex-Nashua deputy police chief sues city and outgoing police chief - 0
- Manchester pub crawl leads to arrest of four - 0
- Shaheen, Brown supporters gather at final debate - 1
- Senate candidates sharply divided on Islamic threat, Ebola, Obamacare - 16
- Stocks up on GDP, earnings - 0
Trump fired up over NH mailer
School's out for voters
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483