New Hampshire Audubon's Rare Bird Alert for Aug. 20
An immature-plumaged blue grosbeak was seen among a flock of over 50 indigo buntings at Morrill’s Farm in Penacook on Aug. 17th. If you bird Morrill’s Farm, please respect private property and stay on the railroad tracks or farm roads.
A red-necked phalarope was seen and photographed on Lake Coniston in Croyden on Aug. 16.
An immature white ibis was discovered at Awcomin Marsh in Rye on July 11 and was last reported on Aug. 15. It has most recently reported from the Little River Saltmarsh in North Hampton, where a snowy egret-tricolored heron hybrid was also seen.
A least tern was seen in Hampton on Aug. 17, and a roseate tern was seen in coastal Rye on Aug. 15.
A bay-breasted warbler was reported from Rumney on Aug. 14, and a Cape May warbler was reported from Tamworth on Aug. 16.
Two olive-sided flycatchers were seen near the Mount Washington Regional Airport in Whitefield on Aug. 16.
Two purple martins were seen from Cross Beach Road in Seabrook on Aug. 14.
A sora was reported from McDaniel’s Marsh in Grafton on Aug. 16.
A merlin was seen at Horseshoe Pond in Concord on Aug. 15 and 18.
More than 270 migrating common nighthawks were seen in Concord and more than 100 were seen in Hancock, all on Aug. 19.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Children invited to attend Woodland Storybook Walk in Wilton - 0
- Last week's Rare Bird Alert - 0
- Stacey Cole's Nature Talks: Owls are a treat for the ears but very rarely for the eyes - 0
- Tune In To AMC TV This Sunday, October 26 To Watch SLASH On 'Talking Dead' - 0
- Major Gift from Volunteer Steward Aids Great Bay Reserve Boardwalk - 0
- Learn About Salmon Life Cycle at 'Salmon Sunday' - November 9, 2014 - 0
- Brian Setzer donates Gretsch Guitar to Smithsonian - 0
- Roomful of Blues to perform in Salisbury - 0
- Outstanding Volunteers of 2014 Selected for 2014 Spirit of NH Awards - 0
Last week's Rare Bird Alert
Fall hikers throughout NH put on notice
Jonee Earthquake band shakes Shaskeen
Blackwater verdict stuns NH dad
Making it up: Shameless state Senate attacks