New Hampshire Audubon's Rare Bird Alert for Aug. 20
An immature-plumaged blue grosbeak was seen among a flock of over 50 indigo buntings at Morrill’s Farm in Penacook on Aug. 17th. If you bird Morrill’s Farm, please respect private property and stay on the railroad tracks or farm roads.
A red-necked phalarope was seen and photographed on Lake Coniston in Croyden on Aug. 16.
An immature white ibis was discovered at Awcomin Marsh in Rye on July 11 and was last reported on Aug. 15. It has most recently reported from the Little River Saltmarsh in North Hampton, where a snowy egret-tricolored heron hybrid was also seen.
A least tern was seen in Hampton on Aug. 17, and a roseate tern was seen in coastal Rye on Aug. 15.
A bay-breasted warbler was reported from Rumney on Aug. 14, and a Cape May warbler was reported from Tamworth on Aug. 16.
Two olive-sided flycatchers were seen near the Mount Washington Regional Airport in Whitefield on Aug. 16.
Two purple martins were seen from Cross Beach Road in Seabrook on Aug. 14.
A sora was reported from McDaniel’s Marsh in Grafton on Aug. 16.
A merlin was seen at Horseshoe Pond in Concord on Aug. 15 and 18.
More than 270 migrating common nighthawks were seen in Concord and more than 100 were seen in Hancock, all on Aug. 19.
- Triple-bill comedy in Laconia Saturday - 0
- Keene gallery explores artistic experiences among American artists of African descent - 0
- Ben Laine to perform at the Rochester Opera House - 0
- Kim Simmons and Savoy Brown rock Tupelo Saturday - 0
- Tomie dePaola to be celebrated at Colby-Sawyer - 0
- 10th annual Portsmouth Fairy Tour flits into Seacoast - 0
- Houston Ballet II will perform in Durham - 0
- Hanover artist Bob Shannahan on display in Meriden - 0
- Comedian Paula Poundstone returns to NH with stop in Concord - 0
Currier Museum showcases impossible possibilities by M.C. Escher, who inspired generations of pop cultureREADER COMMENTS: 0
NH couple hit slot for $2.4m in Las Vegas
Win tickets to see Demi Lovato
Win tickets to see Kip Moore
Enter to win tickets to see the Dirty Heads
Win tickets to see the John Butler Trio
Enter to win tickets to see Paula Poundstone
Win tickets to see Steven Wright
Another View -- Bill Duncan: What did the NH Supreme Court really say about private school funding?
Casino gambles: Hopes dashed all over
Every vote counts: Here is the proof
Mark Hayward's City Matters: Dean Kamen is a genius inventor, and he's pretty good at oratory, too