Oct 30, 2014
Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Sep 18, 2014
GPS leads police to truck; vehicle breaks lead to arrest
MERRIMACK — Thanks to a GPS device, a truck stolen in Litchfield was recovered quickly in Merrimack and a man found with the truck was arrested.
Police said Litchfield police contacted them Saturday at 10 a.m., saying a GPS system showed that a truck stolen earlier that morning in Litchfield was at 7 Meetinghouse Road in Merrimack.
When police arrived, they found Benjamin Sherman, 23, who has no fixed address, standing near the truck, which had both doors open. After a brief investigation, Sherman was arrested and charged with felony receiving stolen property. Bail was set at $5,000 cash.
Police said because of a number of recent area thefts from motor vehicles, the truck theft is still under investigation; further charges are possible for Sherman.
That is also the case with a woman arrested Sunday, police said.
Police executed a search warrant at 1:48 a.m. at the 25 Fox Meadow Lane residence of Kristen Beebe, 25.
Police said their investigation into thefts from vehicles determined that Beebe allegedly had pawned a number of the stolen items.
When executing the warrant, police said Beebe was found in possession of a large quantity of heroin and several items related to the theft investigation.
Police said Beebe physically resisted being taken into custody and had to be restrained.
She was charged with possession of a narcotic, possession of a narcotic with intent to distribute, receiving stolen property and two counts of resisting arrest. Bail was set at $25,000 cash.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- $50k bail for two charged with beating pizza delivery man - 0
- Latest round of riot arrests includes 5 Keene State students - 0
- Suspected Pa. cop-killer Eric Frein taken into custody - 0
- Anonymous tip leads to arrest of moose poacher - 0
- Victim in Hampton pedestrian crash files lawsuit against driver, town and state - 0
- Dover police say man broke into same business three times - 0
- Two more Keene State College students charged in riots - 1
- Two Keene State students among three newest riot arrests - 1
- Man charged with robbing Rochester bank while wearing zebra-print dress is arraigned - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Misleading women: Does Kuster think they're bad at math? - 0
- Another View -- Cass R. Sunstein: The hidden tax you pay when you wait - 0
- NHIAA Tournament Roundup: Campbell boys pull upset - 0
- Marchand scores 2, B's win - 0
- Ex-Nashua deputy police chief sues city and outgoing police chief - 0
- Manchester pub crawl leads to arrest of four - 0
- Shaheen, Brown supporters gather at final debate - 1
- Senate candidates sharply divided on Islamic threat, Ebola, Obamacare - 16
- Stocks up on GDP, earnings - 0
Trump fired up over NH mailer
School's out for voters
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483