Home » News » Public Safety
Change regarding senior housing construction in Salem proposed
“I’ve been very concerned about the senior housing overlay district,” Moldoff recently told the Planning Board. “I think you are giving way too big of a density bonus for these senior housing projects you are letting people build.”
Part of the discussion is expected to revolve around whether the town has already met its share of senior housing.
“The concept behind the density bonus was that we wanted a fair age distribution in the community,” said Lyons.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Two taken to hospital after suffering burns in Wolfeboro house fire - 0
- Crews on scene of accident on I-93 in Salem - 0
- Weare residents turn out to express police department concerns - 1
- Tamworth man struck, killed by UPS truck - 0
- Two boys rescued from Hood Pond - 1
- Woman killed in Nashua crash - 0
- Wednesday night Derry blaze under investigation - 0
- Gunfire from police range disturbs Plaistow neighbors - 1
- Cause of Ashland fire investigated - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police obtain warrants for suspect wanted in Dover, Manchester bank robberies - 0
- Abby Dion, 9, records a 10 in gymnastics meet - 0
- St. A skaters fall to Norwich - 0
- Monarchs lose in OT; win streak stops at 6 - 0
- Police searching for person stealing from cars in Manchester - 1
- College Football: Maine seniors want the coveted musket - 0
- College Hockey: Ice-making problem postpones UNH-PC - 1
- Pinkerton backfield a combination of power and speed - 0
- John Habib's City Sports: State Legion rejects Post 79’s request for senior team - 2
Jury acquits Mont Vernon driver, who was checking text, in death of former Amherst fire chief
Offend someone? To jail with you!
Obama to illegals: Come out of shadows
Plaistow town planner arrested
Driver acquitted in Amherst ex-chief’s death
A kinder, gentler House Speaker?
College Football: Wildcats are CAA champs
College Hockey: Providence blanks UNH