Nov 6, 2014
Oct 30, 2014
Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Judge slams spice search
Minutes after TN Gas and Convenience reopened Monday in Manchester, Jerry Anderson, left, makes a purchase from Omar Hassan. (Mark Hayward/Union Leader)
TN Gas and Convenience reopened shortly before 5 p.m. Monday, after Hillsborough County Superior Court Judge Diane Nicolosi found the city did not follow proper procedures when officials revoked the business licenses of TN Convenience and two other stores last Wednesday.
Flaih said TN has stopped selling all brands of spice; he showed an empty glass shelf where the price — four grams for $10 — was still posted.
“Based on the totality of the circumstances of this case, the court finds there was insufficient evidence to support a finding by (the city) that the danger to public health, welfare and/or safety was immediate when the license was revoked,” Nicolosi wrote.
Police targeted TN after a person said the store sold the spice brand responsible for an overdose.
Police searched the store on Aug. 13 and found no packages of the spice in question. But when police asked City Clerk Matthew Normand to revoke the license, they did not disclose the results of the search, Nicolosi pointed out.
• Gov. Maggie Hassan had not yet declared a state of emergency related to spice overdoses.
• TN denied selling the product, and TN owner Saif Nourie told Nicolosi he will not sell Bubblegum spice.
• The credibility of the spice user is unknown.
Nicolosi’s ruling is only an injunction that temporarily lifts the license revocation.
Under state law, TN and the two other convenience stores — Han’s Food Mart, 353 Maple St., and Union Street Market, 621 Union St., — deserve a hearing.
New Hampshire Union Leader reporter Dale Vincent contributed to this article.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester police investigating after man stabbed in neck - 0
- Ferguson protests enter third day; arrests in St. Louis - 0
- Abuse history at Nashua address where 3-year-old died - 6
- Franklin robbery suspect sought, considered armed and dangerous - 0
- Franklin man and woman arraigned for attempted prostitution of minor - 0
- Police investigating death of 3-year-old girl in Nashua - 7
- Police say hit-and-run driver was observed tossing beer cans from car - 0
- Police say woman stole pocketbook at Hudson Market Basket - 0
- Police say former manager of Hudson McDonald's stole $10k from restaurant - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Celtics Insider: Celtics rule Smart out of tomorrow's game against Chicago - 0
- Berube the backbone of Monarchs' team 'D' - 0
- Packers QB Revis will pose a challenge for Patriots - 0
- Hudson may start charging for non-transport ambulance calls - 0
- NH suffers 4th worst outage on record - 0
- Camping out didn't pay for shoppers - 0
- Newsreel: Concord economic forecast; Tech Council hosts forum; UNH Fairchild Dairy honored - 0
- Londonderry-based MegaFood launches transparency project in vitamin industry - 0
- Grant program to help Granite State students with loans - 0
NH suffers 4th worst outage on record
Camping out didn't pay for shoppers
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483