Home » News » Public Safety
Hiking parties helped to safety from NH mountains
The Mount Monadnock group called 911 around 8:40 p.m. Saturday after one of the hikers fell while descending the mountain.
State forest rangers reached group around 10:15 about halfway up the White Cross Trail, Fish and Game said in a release Sunday.
Jaffrey firefighters also arrived and helped provide continual medical attention to Scott Murciak, 34, of Salem, Mass., before arriving at Monadnock Park Headquarters at 1:50 a.m. Sunday.
An ambulance was waiting to take him to Monadnock Community Hospital for what was believed to be a non-life-threatening injury, Fish and Game said.
About 180 miles to the northeast in the White Mountains, a similar call for help came from a group on Mount Adams. William Kirerer, 19, of Reading, Mass., was experiencing undisclosed medical issues while hiking with two friends, Fish and Game said. The group had hiked during significant rain storms and Kirerer was cold and wet. A rescue team was able to assist Kirerer down the Caps Ridge Trail, arriving at his vehicle around 3 a.m.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Durham fire chief considered for similar post in Natick, Mass. - 0
- Wood-drying kiln heavily damaged by fire - 0
- FinneRageTV uses Keene for promotion - 0
- After Keene riot, PSU campus on alert as party plan is spread by social media - 0
- 2-alarm Manchester fire displaces 10 - 0
- Missing Mason man found dead - 0
- Nashua police chief to retire - 0
- Pinkerton student taken to hospital after being hit by car - 1
- Heroin overdoses claim two in Laconia - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Salem coach Rich has seen playoff runs from both sidelines - 0
- Monarchs' Schultz leads by example - 0
- Manchester Marathon day to draw about 1,700 runners - 0
- Roger Brown's First and 10: Londonderry vs. Salem is a playoff contest - 0
- Another View - Jeanne Shaheen: What it means to put New Hampshire first - 0
- Another View -- Scott Brown: To change direction, we need to change senators - 1
- Patricia LaFrance: For Hillsborough County Attorney - 0
- Misleading women: Does Kuster think they're bad at math? - 0
- Giving Max effort for the Wildcats - 0
School's out for voters
Trump fired up over NH mailer