Home » News » Public Safety
Hiking parties helped to safety from NH mountains
The Mount Monadnock group called 911 around 8:40 p.m. Saturday after one of the hikers fell while descending the mountain.
State forest rangers reached group around 10:15 about halfway up the White Cross Trail, Fish and Game said in a release Sunday.
Jaffrey firefighters also arrived and helped provide continual medical attention to Scott Murciak, 34, of Salem, Mass., before arriving at Monadnock Park Headquarters at 1:50 a.m. Sunday.
An ambulance was waiting to take him to Monadnock Community Hospital for what was believed to be a non-life-threatening injury, Fish and Game said.
About 180 miles to the northeast in the White Mountains, a similar call for help came from a group on Mount Adams. William Kirerer, 19, of Reading, Mass., was experiencing undisclosed medical issues while hiking with two friends, Fish and Game said. The group had hiked during significant rain storms and Kirerer was cold and wet. A rescue team was able to assist Kirerer down the Caps Ridge Trail, arriving at his vehicle around 3 a.m.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Nashua man critical after being hit by box truck - 0
- Durham fire chief considered for similar post in Natick, Mass. - 0
- Wood-drying kiln heavily damaged by fire - 0
- FinnaRageTV uses Keene for promotion - 0
- After Keene riot, PSU campus on alert as party plan is spread by social media - 1
- 2-alarm Manchester fire displaces 10 - 0
- Missing Mason man found dead - 0
- Nashua police chief to retire - 0
- Pinkerton student taken to hospital after being hit by car - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- John Habib's City Sports: St. Thomas coach: I owe Central - 0
- Armed burglar from Derry sentenced to prison - 0
- 'Bingo hunting' police use random license plate checks to make arrest - 0
- Bedford police investigating burglary at Verizon Wireless store - 0
- Police: Manchester man charged with endangering child after going 101 mph - 0
- FairPoint customer concerned about blocked emails - 0
- Plaistow narrows field in search for its new police chief - 0
- Man faces robbery, assault charges after extradition from NY - 0
- Hershey Bears shut out Monarchs - 0
Hockey brought them together; Hooksett ice rink will serve as NH couple's 'church' for wedding
NH Audubon's Rare Bird Alert