Dec 4, 2014
Oct 30, 2014
Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
NH officials mount battle against 'Spice'
"What we're hearing from our front-line providers is this product causes severe altered mental status and often seizures," she said.
Assistant Police Chief Nick Willard said one man was found in a city park on all fours, shoveling dirt and grass into his mouth. As officers were talking with him, he suddenly lurched forward and fell unconscious.
In Manchester, the city clerk's office revoked the business licenses of three convenience stores that allegedly were selling the suspect products, blamed for nearly 50 adverse reactions. At least one store owner is challenging that closure in court.
Health authorities are also working with the Poison Control Center, both for advice about the poisoning component of the emergency and to find out if it has received reports from emergency rooms or individuals about adverse reactions.
Current state law bars the sale of a "controlled drug analog," defined as "a substance that has a chemical structure substantially similar to that of a controlled drug and that was specifically designed to produce an effect substantially similar to that of a controlled drug."
The Legislature did create a study committee to look into how to regulate and control synthetic drugs. That group will meet on Aug. 27.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Maine police search car belonging to husband of Londonderry shooting victim - 0
- Man arrested after chase, threatening to shoot police in Bow - 0
- Good Samaritan pins Manchester purse snatcher - 0
- Police look for Laconia sub shop robber - 0
- Claremont man indicted on two charges of arson - 0
- Police hunt pair they believe attacked couple at Rochester motel - 0
- Phone evidence likely allowed in Hampstead home invasion trial - 0
- Grand jury indicts one of three men accused in murder of Madbury teen - 0
- Piano teacher wants statement tossed before sex assault trial - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Homeless man who saved woman from river: 'I don't consider myself a hero' - 9
- High School Basketball: Rivalries renewed in QCIBT - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Will they get everything on their list? - 0
- Tuohy brothers add new restaurant in familiar spot - 0
- New Horizons volunteers deliver groceries and good cheer, making Christmas special - 0
- Charles Arlinghaus: The fiscal mismanagement in Washington is a choice - 25
- 'Yes, Virginia, there is a Santa Claus' - 0
Londonderry schools placed on lockdown after soldier's unplanned visit to high school causes alarm
Police say woman tried to steal 15 iPads
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483