NH Audubon's Rare Bird Alert for Aug. 13
At least two Mississippi kites have been seen regularly during the summer in Newmarket, where they have nested during the past several years. They successfully hatched and are currently raising a young Mississippi kite!
A pair of lesser black-backed gulls was seen in Hampton Harbor on Aug. 10.
A least tern, several roseate terns, and a at least four black-crowned night-herons were all reported from Hampton Harbor during the past week.
A Bonaparte’s gull was seen at Great East Lake in East Wakefield on Aug. 10.Saltmarsh sparrows were seen in Hampton Marsh behind Little Jack’s restaurant along Route 1A and Nelson’s sparrows were seen in the marsh from the end of Pollock Drive in Rye, all during the past week.
A peregrine falcon was seen flying over Hampton Marsh on Aug. 10th, and 1 was reported from Etna on Aug. 7.
Six migrating common nighthawks were seen in Hanover on Aug. 10.
An American bittern was seen at George’s Pond in Enfield on Aug. 11.
This message is also available by phone recording: Call 224-9909 and press 2 as directed or ask to be transferred. If you have seen any interesting birds recently, you can leave a message at the end of the recording or send your sightings to the Rare Bird Alert via e-mail at: email@example.com.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- More information coming on Plaistow commuter rail station Wednesday - 0
- Peterborough's Rosaly Bass named organic gardener of the year - 0
- Salem selectman vows taxpayers won't pay for railroad ties removal - 0
- UNH exhibit aims to convey realities of war - 0
- Nashua man back home after a silent trek around America - 0
- Seacoast, Maine border region offer fantastic ice fishing opportunities - 0
- Bobcat resurgence raises trapping talk - 30
- Cheryl Kimball's Nature Talks: The beech tree is clearly her favorite - 0
- Nashua mayor honored for promoting the arts - 0
Bobcat resurgence raises trapping talk
UNH exhibit aims to convey realities of war
Granite State volunteers honor MLK's legacy
A gun fight: One the GOP should pick
Obamacare ‘surprise: More tax bill headaches
Hearing set for Gorham man facing 200 charges for kidnapping, sexual abuse of Conway teen