Rockingham County Attorney race forum set
The winner in the general election will replace former County Attorney James Reams, who held the position for 16 years. He retired after a months-long battle with state prosecutors over being suspended from his elected post.
Ralph Barbagallo, president of the Rockingham County Bar Association, said his organization decided to host the event, given that the public may have a higher-than-usual interest in the job because of all the recent publicity surrounding the county attorney’s office.
Barbagallo, who will moderate the event, said a five-member panel of board members came up with a series of questions to ask the candidates. Each candidate will be given two minutes to speak before the question and answer forum.
Candidates will not have a chance to ask each other questions, a format that is sometimes used during debates or candidate forums, according to Barbagallo.
The forum is being held Tuesday, Aug. 19, at the Portsmouth Public Library. Doors open at 6 p.m. The event is free and open to the public.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Another View -- John H. Sununu: Voters, pick a governor who is serious about the Pledge - 3
- Charles Arlinghaus: This government 'investment' is a bad idea - 3
- Pat Buchanan: The high price of papal popularity - 0
- Kathy Sullivan: Scott Brown does not get what 'pro-choice' really means - 15
- Deroy Murdock: Scott Brown's good case for a Republican Senate - 1
- Jonah Goldberg: Rise of the Clinton Democrats (not really) - 0
- Your Turn, NH -- Kelley Tambouris: I am a Manchester teacher, and I need more support - 23
- Political correctness could wind up killing a lot of Americans - 4
- Charles Krauthammer: Ebola vs. civil liberties - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- UNH Notebook: Ground game is Stony Brook's rock - 0
- The debut of the 'The $30,000 Nutt' - 0
- How stable is this telephone pole? - 0
- Drew Cline: Two weeks before the election, no one is talking about guns - 0
- Fixing Obamacare: Shaheen offers no way out - 0
- Debate rule No. 1: Don't crash - 0
- Obamacare takes center stage at 1st Congressional debate - 0
- NHIAA Field Hockey Roundup: Londonderry edges Central - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Brummett spurs Derryfield - 0
Keene riots a focus of gubernatorial debate
Fall hikers throughout NH put on notice
NH's back-road rest areas fading away
Fixing Obamacare: Shaheen offers no way out
UPDATED: Flood warning issued for southern NH; leaks force visitation to be cancelled at Goffstown women's prison
Jonee Earthquake band shakes Shaskeen