Former NH man wanted in Rochester shooting to be returned to face charges
ROCHESTER — The former Dover man who was apprehended in Rhode Island by U.S. Marshals is expected to return to be charged this week in a Rochester shooting.
A warrant had been issued for Kerry Joseph, 27, now of 1430 Tremont St., Boston, on the charge of first-degree assault in the shooting of a 19-year-old man outside 40 Lafayette St. just before noon July 29.
Following a three-state search, Joseph was apprehended in Pawtucket, R.I. , on Aug. 6.
During his arraignment, he waived extradition proceedings, which would enable deputies from Strafford County Sherriff’s office to retrieve him.
On Tuesday, Capt. Gary Boudreau said he expects Joseph to return to New Hampshire this week.
“Once he is back in New Hampshire, he will be formally charged with our crime and an arraignment will be set,” Boudreau said.
Police believe Joseph knew the other man, who was shot in a crowded residential neighborhood in the downtown.
The injured man was sent to Maine Medical Center in Portland, Maine, with life-threatening injuries more than two weeks ago. Boudreau said police do not have an updated condition on the man, who was last listed in stable condition.