Fundraising race Sunday for recovering Trinity grad
MANCHESTER — Two years after “one last dive into the lake” resulted in mountain climber and marathoner Brian Smith becoming a quadriplegic on Aug. 18, 2012, Smith is making amazing progress at Journey Forward, a Canton, Mass., rehabilitation facility.
The 1983 Trinity High School grad is determined to recover far more control of his limbs than doctors predicted and to continue that recovery at Journey Forward.
The second annual Fun Run/Walk to benefit “Bubba” is set for Sunday. A donation of $30 is requested to assist with Smith’s ongoing needs.
Registration for the 2.7-mile event begins at 7:30 a.m., with the race to start promptly at 9 a.m., rain or shine.
The start and finish are at the Bridge Street entrance to the park across from Trinity.
All participants are invited to gather at Trinity for post-race music, socializing, food and refreshments from 10 a.m. to noon.
For more information, contact Daren Smith at 781-760-1620 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To improve the chance of seeing your comment posted here or published in the New Hampshire Union Leader:
- Identify yourself. Accounts using fake or incomplete names are suspended regardless of the quality of posts.
- Say something new, stay on topic, keep it short.
- Links to outside URLs are discouraged, if used they should be on topic.
- Avoid comments in bad taste, write well, avoid using all capital letters
- Don't cite facts about individuals or businesses without providing a means to verify the claim
- If you see an objectionable comment please click the "Report Abuse" button and be sure to tell us why.
Note: Comments are the opinion of the respective poster and not of the publisher.Be the first to comment.