Home » News » Public Safety
Moose dies after collision with two cars in Laconia
The crash happened about 9 p.m. on Para Road by Turner Way.
Carl Peterson, 66, of Winona Road, Meredith was driving north on Parade Road when the moose walking into the road and collided with his car. Stanley Piper, 86, of Jameson Ave., Gilford, was driving his car south on Parade Rod when the car hit moose after it was struck by Peterson's car.
Neither drier was injured, but the moose died.
Traffic on Parade Road was shut down for a short time until the moose could be removed from the middle of the road.
Both cars were towed from the scene because of the damaged.
Anyone with information regarding the crash is asked to call police at 524-5257.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Talk of 'wings on pigs' threats on police tests U.S. speech rights - 0
- Brentwood police look to increase coverage after officer's death in May - 4
- Londonderry schools placed on lockdown after soldier's unplanned visit to high school causes alarm - 38
- Police investigate report of shots fired - 0
- Manchester blaze that left dozens homeless was accidental - 0
- Milford woman injured in Bedford crash - 0
- Park on any side of the street in Manchester during Christmas week - 0
- NYC mayor wants protests on hold after police deaths - 0
- Mother of two says she's lucky, even though condo destroyed in blaze - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Two Manchester women arrested in separate shoplifting incidents in Hooksett - 1
- Maine police search car belonging to husband of Londonderry shooting victim - 0
- Man arrested after chase, threatening to shoot police in Bow - 0
- Good Samaritan pins Manchester purse snatcher - 0
- Homeless man who saved woman from river: 'I don't consider myself a hero' - 9
- High School Basketball: Rivalries renewed in QCIBT - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Will they get everything on their list? - 0
- Tuohy brothers add new restaurant in familiar spot - 0
- New Horizons volunteers deliver groceries and good cheer, making Christmas special - 0
Londonderry schools placed on lockdown after soldier's unplanned visit to high school causes alarm
Police say woman tried to steal 15 iPads