Sep 18, 2014
Sep 4, 2014
Aug 28, 2014
Aug 21, 2014
Fugitive wanted for Rochester shooting July 29 arrested in R.I.
A Dover man wanted in the daytime shooting of a man in Rochester last week was arrested Wednesday morning by U.S. Marshals who located him in a basement apartment in Pawtucket, R.I.
Kerry Joseph, 27, last known to reside on New York Street in Dover, was wanted on a charge of first-degree assault in the shooting of a 19-year-old man in the chest about noon on July 29 outside 40 Lafayette St.
The investigation into the shooting spanned three states — New Hampshire, Massachusetts and Rhode Island — and involved the cooperation of several law enforcement agencies and federal task forces.
Members of the Rhode Island Violent Fugitive Task Force quickly acted on the latest information investigators obtained and arrested Joseph, who tried to escape.
Authorities said he went back inside the home when confronted by officers and hid, but was quickly located by task force members and was arrested.
Joseph will be arraigned Wednesday in Pawtucket District Court on a warrant charging him with being a fugitive from justice on the outstanding New Hampshire arrest warrant for first-degree assault.
Police said the shooting was not random.
READER COMMENTS: 10
- Dalton man sentenced for assaulting inmate - 0
- Hampstead man accused of sex assaults on girl - 0
- Police say man kills daughter, 6 grandchildren in Fla. murder-suicide - 1
- 2 men arrested in Manchester SWAT raid, drug bust - 4
- 2 women sentenced in Home Depot scam - 0
- Man accused of stabbing man in Concord's White Park - 0
- Friends, co-workers mourn loss of Amherst mother and son - 4
- Vermont father, two sons facing charges for Canobie Lake Park scuffle - 2
- Son used AK-47 to kill mother, then himself in Amherst home - 37
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Scots spurn independence, vote to stay in the United Kingdom - 0
- Roger Brown's First and 10: Answers forthcoming - 0
- NHMS chief Gappens is on board with the Chase changes - 0
- Another View -- Ben Rose: How NH's John Stark helped defeat the British at Saratoga - 0
- Celebrating Claremont: A 250th birthday party - 0
- Trashed lunches: Brownies, broccoli and bucks - 6
- Hampstead's Suess ready for Whelen Modified race - 0
- College Football: Big Green kick off season vs. Cent. Connecticut - 0
- Londonderry Rotary to host forum next week - 0
Supporters eager for Hillary's return to NH
Mark Hayward's City Matters: Dean Kamen is a genius inventor, and he's pretty good at oratory, too
Casino gambles: Hopes dashed all over
Ayotte pushes bill to combat 'spice'
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917