Scott Brown: Obama created this border mess, and we need to fix it
This happens to be an area where I have a major difference with my opponent, Sen. Jeanne Shaheen, who twice voted against border fencing, in 2009 and 2013, and who supports granting legal status to young illegal immigrants. I support the construction of a border fence, oppose amnesty and believe that we needed to shut off the magnets that bring people here in violation of the law, like in-state tuition for illegals.
Our country cannot survive with two immigration systems, one legal and the other illegal. We must do what we can to strengthen our legal immigration system so that we can continue to welcome new arrivals who can make vital contributions to our culture and way of life. But it’s time we bring an end to illegal immigration by shutting off the magnets and enforcing security at the border.
Scott Brown of Rye is running for the Republican nomination for U.S. Senate.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Shaheen, Brown supporters gather at final debate - 2
- Senate candidates sharply divided on Islamic threat, Ebola, Obamacare - 21
- Stocks up on GDP, earnings - 0
- Rocket blast damps Orbital as commercial space rush lures rivals - 0
- Former Farmington fire chief waives arraignment on theft charges - 0
- $50k bail for two charged with beating pizza delivery man - 0
- Latest round of riot arrests includes 5 Keene State students - 0
- 2 Manchester health service groups announce merger - 0
- FinneRageTV uses Keene for promotion - 0
Trump fired up over NH mailer