Home » News » Public Safety
Exit 4A project update on Derry Town Council agenda
In a meeting last month, Councilor Al Dimmock debated the need for the project with state Sen. James Rausch, while questions were raised regarding how much money the town owed for construction costs and the disappearance of some documents.
In some heated exchanges last month, Dimmock and Rausch debated the proposal during a presentation by the state Department of Transportation on the ongoing Interstate 93 widening project.
Instead of further harming the downtown and Derry, the project would help by reducing traffic congestion around Exit 4 on I-93 during the evening commute, Rausch said.
Derry’s cost for the project is capped at only $5 million because of a prior lawsuit that also involved Londonderry and Boston North, a development firm, according to Rausch and Londonderry Town Councilor John Farrell, who was also in attendance.Farrell pointed out that the paperwork for the lawsuit was lost around 2007.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Londonderry family fair returns but child safety is still the theme - 0
- Girl, grandmother escape fire in Rochester home with no detectors - 0
- Motorcyclist in serious condition after crash in Rochester - 0
- Manchester police officers to be honored for work in unresolved West Side stabbing death - 5
- Authorities say smoking ignited oxygen in Derry apartment building fire - 1
- Motorcyclist flown to Maine hospital following crash on Route 125 - 0
- Londonderry police to open station to residents - 0
- Affair, threats alleged in Weare police chief investigation - 11
- Cause of 3-alarm Derry fire remains under investigation - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester family heartbroken after finding lost kitten was adopted from shelter, family refuses to return it - 0
- Body found under Manchester bridge identified as local woman - 0
- Chester deputy fire chief jailed for allegedly violating restraining order - 0
- Manchester police release photos of men they believe robbed mother, daughters at local Holiday Inn - 0
- Scots spurn independence, vote to stay in the United Kingdom - 1
- Roger Brown's First and 10: Answers forthcoming - 0
- NHMS chief Gappens is on board with the Chase changes - 0
- Another View -- Ben Rose: How NH's John Stark helped defeat the British at Saratoga - 1
- Celebrating Claremont: A 250th birthday party - 0
Manchester police release photos of men they believe robbed mother, daughters at local Holiday Inn
Supporters eager for Hillary's return to NH
Manchester family heartbroken after finding lost kitten was adopted from shelter, family refuses to return it