Home » News » Politics » State Government
Gov. Hassan set to nominate acting IT, state tourism chiefs
CONCORD — Gov. Maggie Hassan will nominate Steven Kelleher as acting commissioner of the Department of Information Technology and Amy Bassett as acting director of the Division of Travel and Tourism Development.
The nominations go to the Executive Council Tuesday for confirmation.
Kelleher has 30 years of experience in the IT field, with half that time working for the state, including work as the IT leader for the state Department of Health and Human Services.
Bassett worked most recently as deputy director of the Division of Travel and Tourism. She also worked with the Division of Parks and Recreation and has more than 20 years experience with programs critical to the success of the travel and tourism industry.
The governor said she is putting forth the nominees Tuesday, so that two important offices will continue with leadership during the searches to fill the positions permanently.
The governor and council meeting is scheduled to begin at 10:30 a.m. at The Inn on Newfound Lake in Bridgewater.
READER COMMENTS: 2
- New faces, proven veterans will assure Union Leader's solid hold on the news - 0
- Joe McQuaid's Publisher's Notebook: A tough hike to see AMC 'croo,' but finding 'Quos' made the day - 0
- Publisher's Notebook: The candidate who can spell the name of every 80's sports car wins - 4
- Joe McQuaid's Publisher's Notebook: A humbling — and inspiring — event - 0
- Joe McQuaid's Publisher's Notebook: The grandson also rises - 1
- Joe McQuaid's Publisher's Notes: My favorite things from one week this summer - 0
- Joe McQuaid's Publisher's Notes: Sometimes, we have too much on our plates - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Vailas rallies UNH football to 29-26 win over Richmond - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Raiders should be tucked away early - 0
- St. Anselm football wins home opener, goes to 3-0 - 0
- SNHU golfer Nutter earns weekly honor - 0
- Dover's Helliwell wins ACT Invitational - 0
- Concord, Pinkerton, Coe-Brown runners win - 0
- Nashua South gets on track by beating Merrimack - 0
- Pinkerton stuffs Salem late, holds on - 0
- Dartmouth football wins opener over Central Conn., 35-25 - 0
Goodell vows domestic violence change
NH's future: Dean Kamen highlights a problem