Home » News » Public Safety
Man dragged by SUV, injured early Sunday in Manchester
The incident took place about 2 a.m. Sunday morning on Ashland Street near the intersection with Ahmerst Street, police said. Police said the investigation is active, and they would not release the name of the victim.
Police Sgt. Craig Russo said the victim, who was taken by ambulance to Elliot Hospital, is in serious but stable condition.
Police have found the SUV in Manchester, but the driver is wanted for questioning, police said.
A neighbor said a fire engine was the first to arrive on the scene. Ashland Street resident Cheryl Peabody said she looked out her door to see a young white male sitting on the ground wiping his head. A girl was standing next to him, and at one point another girl came over, spoke to them and then departed.
Peabody said she heard no shouting before the fire engine arrived.
“My dog would bark, believe me,” she said.
Police said the SUV was a 2013 Mazda CX-5, and it dragged the pedestrian about 30 feet before he separated from the vehicle. Police said he received a serious head injury after falling to the pavement as the SUV drove off.
Anyone with information can contact Manchester police at 668-8711.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- After Keene riot, PSU campus on alert as party plan is spread by social media - 0
- 2-alarm Manchester fire displaces 10 - 0
- Missing Mason man found dead - 0
- Nashua police chief to retire - 0
- Pinkerton student taken to hospital after being hit by car - 1
- Heroin overdoses claim two in Laconia - 0
- Concrete chunk falls onto sidewalk from Elm Street building in Manchester - 0
- Traffic, parking complaints related to Hollis farm stand - 0
- Crews still working on replacing poles after accident - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Misleading women: Does Kuster think they're bad at math? - 0
- NHIAA Tournament Roundup: Campbell boys pull upset - 0
- Marchand scores 2, B's win - 0
- Ex-Nashua deputy police chief sues city and outgoing police chief - 0
- Shaheen, Brown supporters gather at final debate - 1
- Senate candidates sharply divided on Islamic threat, Ebola, Obamacare - 16
- Stocks up on GDP, earnings - 0
- Rocket blast damps Orbital as commercial space rush lures rivals - 0
- Business Newsreel: Kimberly-Clark faces lawsuit over Ebola protection gear - 0
Trump fired up over NH mailer
School's out for voters