Home » News » Public Safety
Man dragged by SUV, injured early Sunday in Manchester
The incident took place about 2 a.m. Sunday morning on Ashland Street near the intersection with Ahmerst Street, police said. Police said the investigation is active, and they would not release the name of the victim.
Police Sgt. Craig Russo said the victim, who was taken by ambulance to Elliot Hospital, is in serious but stable condition.
Police have found the SUV in Manchester, but the driver is wanted for questioning, police said.
A neighbor said a fire engine was the first to arrive on the scene. Ashland Street resident Cheryl Peabody said she looked out her door to see a young white male sitting on the ground wiping his head. A girl was standing next to him, and at one point another girl came over, spoke to them and then departed.
Peabody said she heard no shouting before the fire engine arrived.
“My dog would bark, believe me,” she said.
Police said the SUV was a 2013 Mazda CX-5, and it dragged the pedestrian about 30 feet before he separated from the vehicle. Police said he received a serious head injury after falling to the pavement as the SUV drove off.
Anyone with information can contact Manchester police at 668-8711.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Talk of 'wings on pigs' threats on police tests U.S. speech rights - 0
- Brentwood police look to increase coverage after officer's death in May - 4
- Londonderry schools placed on lockdown after soldier's unplanned visit to high school causes alarm - 38
- Police investigate report of shots fired - 0
- Manchester blaze that left dozens homeless was accidental - 0
- Milford woman injured in Bedford crash - 0
- Park on any side of the street in Manchester during Christmas week - 0
- NYC mayor wants protests on hold after police deaths - 0
- Mother of two says she's lucky, even though condo destroyed in blaze - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Two Manchester women arrested in separate shoplifting incidents in Hooksett - 1
- Maine police search car belonging to husband of Londonderry shooting victim - 0
- Man arrested after chase, threatening to shoot police in Bow - 0
- Good Samaritan pins Manchester purse snatcher - 0
- Homeless man who saved woman from river: 'I don't consider myself a hero' - 9
- High School Basketball: Rivalries renewed in QCIBT - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Will they get everything on their list? - 0
- Tuohy brothers add new restaurant in familiar spot - 0
- New Horizons volunteers deliver groceries and good cheer, making Christmas special - 0
Londonderry schools placed on lockdown after soldier's unplanned visit to high school causes alarm
Police say woman tried to steal 15 iPads