A team from the USGS New England Water Science Center is surveying 3 locations in the state, determining their elevations and installing receiving brackets at those sites that will hold a network of sophisticated sensors that can be installed days-to-hours before a storm makes landfall. The network, which will include 763 locations from Virginia to Maine, will dramatically decrease the time it takes to provide FEMA, NOAA and other agencies information they need to help tailor their response and recovery efforts.CLICK TO VIEW THE SOURCE MATERIAL
To improve the chance of seeing your comment posted here or published in the New Hampshire Union Leader:
- Identify yourself. Accounts using fake or incomplete names are suspended regardless of the quality of posts.
- Say something new, stay on topic, keep it short.
- Links to outside URLs are discouraged, if used they should be on topic.
- Avoid comments in bad taste, write well, avoid using all capital letters
- Don't cite facts about individuals or businesses without providing a means to verify the claim
- If you see an objectionable comment please click the "Report Abuse" button and be sure to tell us why.
Note: Comments are the opinion of the respective poster and not of the publisher.
Be the first to comment.
Post a comment