Sep 4, 2014
Aug 28, 2014
Aug 21, 2014
Aug 14, 2014
Abby's alleged kidnapper held on $1M bail
Abigail Hernandez, identified publicly only as "A.H." because of her age, sat quietly with her mother and family friends. Attorney General Joseph Foster was present but let his assistant, Jane Young, handle the state’s case, which was short and shorn of any and all details.
Kibby counsel, Jesse Friedman, argued unsuccessfully for the unsealing of documents and affidavits in the case, saying he could not provide an adequate defense without them and saying that the defendant and the public had a right to access the documents.
But the judge sided with the state’s request that the documents remain sealed, at least for 10 days before a probable cause hearing. The judge said she had signed the arrest warrant for Kibby at 6:30 Monday morning. Kibby was arrested without incident at his home, a trailer park in Conway.
The two sides agreed that for the moment Kibby would be held on $1 million cash bail.
Young said the high bail was “a very unique request’’ but this was “a unique case.’’
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Gunman hits Circle K convenience store in Durham - 0
- Widow of chiropractor killed this summer says fatal shooting was no accident - 0
- Man claims rights were violated during investigation - 0
- DWI license revocations - 0
- Salem man arrested for alleged bathroom videotaping - 0
- OHRV trail official hopes arrest will deter others - 0
- One arrested in fight near Manchester Super 8 - 0
- Alleged home invasion accomplice says his testimony was coerced - 0
- Brookline man arrested for allegedly lying about accident - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Suicide car bomber kills 3 foreign troops in Afghan capital; Taliban claims responsibility - 0
- City officials to review proposed 'spice' ban - 0
- Manchester's Delana Curtis is left out in the cold - 0
- Another View -- Sharon Day: The Democrats' claim to be the party for women is just not believable - 3
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Brady a realist - 0
- Burning rubber: And public dollars - 0
- Obama to announce ramped-up efforts to beat Ebola - 0
- Quake strikes northeast of Tokyo, no reports of serious damage - 0
- Hassan was right: 'Bullying' bill goes too far - 2
Mexican man pleads guilty in international conspiracy to traffic hundreds of pounds of cocaine
DWI license revocations
Strategery: A war by any other name
Another View -- Sharon Day: The Democrats' claim to be the party for women is just not believable
Freeh dumb: Favoritism in Vt.?
Lawyer wants cellphone evidence thrown out
Deroy Murdock: Stuff the Obama lunch tax
- Total Votes: 917