Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Sep 18, 2014
Sep 4, 2014
Abby's alleged kidnapper held on $1M bail
Abigail Hernandez, identified publicly only as "A.H." because of her age, sat quietly with her mother and family friends. Attorney General Joseph Foster was present but let his assistant, Jane Young, handle the state’s case, which was short and shorn of any and all details.
Kibby counsel, Jesse Friedman, argued unsuccessfully for the unsealing of documents and affidavits in the case, saying he could not provide an adequate defense without them and saying that the defendant and the public had a right to access the documents.
But the judge sided with the state’s request that the documents remain sealed, at least for 10 days before a probable cause hearing. The judge said she had signed the arrest warrant for Kibby at 6:30 Monday morning. Kibby was arrested without incident at his home, a trailer park in Conway.
The two sides agreed that for the moment Kibby would be held on $1 million cash bail.
Young said the high bail was “a very unique request’’ but this was “a unique case.’’
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Lancaster man facing more charges in death of neighbor - 0
- Sources say Abigail Hernandez's kidnapper may be indicted Wednesday - 0
- K9 team heads to Pennsylvania to assist in accused cop-killer search - 0
- Former Farmington fire chief indicted on theft charge - 0
- Couple facing charges for 2 Portsmouth robberies - 0
- Nashua caretaker wants evidence suppressed in sexual assault case - 0
- Former coach from Nashua charged in sex assaults claims confession was involuntary - 0
- Manchester police: Ga. man stole truck in Mass. to visit mom in NH - 0
- South African Olympian Pistorius sentenced to five years in girlfriend's murder - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Another View -- John H. Sununu: Voters, pick a governor who is serious about the Pledge - 1
- Team Obama: Faking right, voting left - 0
- Charles Arlinghaus: This government 'investment' is a bad idea - 0
- Preventing riots: What should Keene do? - 0
- Manchester mayor asks aldermen to hold abandonded property owners accountable - 0
- Residents given Londonderry playing field priority - 0
- NH has 1,300 guardrail ends targeted in federal safety suit - 0
- Carignan promoted to deputy police chief in Nashua - 0
- Manchester Crimewatch: Meat cleaver has key role in threats, assault case - 0
Locked in a dead heat, Shaheen, Brown spar
NH's back-road rest areas fading away
Fall hikers throughout NH put on notice
Team Obama: Faking right, voting left
Preventing riots: What should Keene do?
Keene riots a focus of gubernatorial debate
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483