Dec 4, 2014
Oct 30, 2014
Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Abby's alleged kidnapper held on $1M bail
Abigail Hernandez, identified publicly only as "A.H." because of her age, sat quietly with her mother and family friends. Attorney General Joseph Foster was present but let his assistant, Jane Young, handle the state’s case, which was short and shorn of any and all details.
Kibby counsel, Jesse Friedman, argued unsuccessfully for the unsealing of documents and affidavits in the case, saying he could not provide an adequate defense without them and saying that the defendant and the public had a right to access the documents.
But the judge sided with the state’s request that the documents remain sealed, at least for 10 days before a probable cause hearing. The judge said she had signed the arrest warrant for Kibby at 6:30 Monday morning. Kibby was arrested without incident at his home, a trailer park in Conway.
The two sides agreed that for the moment Kibby would be held on $1 million cash bail.
Young said the high bail was “a very unique request’’ but this was “a unique case.’’
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Man arrested for failing to register as sex offender - 0
- Two Keene men charged with burglary and assault - 0
- Shooting victim's spouse's car being searched - 0
- Altercation leads to suspect fleeing, threatening police - 0
- Crash ends high-speed chase in Lyndeborough - 0
- Good Samaritan pins Manchester purse snatcher - 0
- High speed chase ends in crash in Lyndeborough - 2
- Two Manchester women arrested in separate shoplifting incidents in Hooksett - 3
- Maine police search car belonging to husband of Londonderry shooting victim - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Pinkerton community excited about relationship with Google - 0
- OKC outguns Bonner, Spurs - 0
- Schaller sent back to minors - 0
- Mount Sunapee plan opponents want more hearings - 0
- Former Colonial Theatre finance director indicted - 0
- Circut Court Judge refuses to recuse himself from hearings - 0
- Pipeline push gets a second wind - 0
- Newbies welcome on NH slopes - 0
- Adding firefighters debated as curb to overtime - 0
Murder suspect fit for trial?
'Interview' buzz spreads to NH
Pipeline push gets a second wind
Win tickets to see Linkin Park
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483