Nov 6, 2014
Oct 30, 2014
Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Abby's alleged kidnapper held on $1M bail
Abigail Hernandez, identified publicly only as "A.H." because of her age, sat quietly with her mother and family friends. Attorney General Joseph Foster was present but let his assistant, Jane Young, handle the state’s case, which was short and shorn of any and all details.
Kibby counsel, Jesse Friedman, argued unsuccessfully for the unsealing of documents and affidavits in the case, saying he could not provide an adequate defense without them and saying that the defendant and the public had a right to access the documents.
But the judge sided with the state’s request that the documents remain sealed, at least for 10 days before a probable cause hearing. The judge said she had signed the arrest warrant for Kibby at 6:30 Monday morning. Kibby was arrested without incident at his home, a trailer park in Conway.
The two sides agreed that for the moment Kibby would be held on $1 million cash bail.
Young said the high bail was “a very unique request’’ but this was “a unique case.’’
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Ferguson protests enter third day; arrests in St. Louis - 0
- Abuse history at Nashua address where 3-year-old died - 0
- Franklin robbery suspect sought, considered armed and dangerous - 0
- Franklin man and woman arraigned for attempted prostitution of minor - 0
- Police investigating death of 3-year-old girl in Nashua - 7
- Police say hit-and-run driver was observed tossing beer cans from car - 1
- Police say woman stole pocketbook at Hudson Market Basket - 0
- Police say former manager of Hudson McDonald's stole $10k from restaurant - 1
- Manchester man facing two aggravated felonious sexual assault charges - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester Turkey Bowl will go as scheduled - 0
- Red Sox think they got free agent signings right this time - 0
- Turkey Bowls: Passion always on the menu - 0
- Manchester Turkey Bowl: Crusaders aim to rewrite history - 0
- Dave Solomon's Power Plays: Who knew what and when in PSNH scrubber case? - 0
- Story of Marine Memorial at Hampton Beach begins with Bill Downs - 0
- Immigrants include ethnic dishes at their Thanksgiving table - 0
- Puritans in America: Daniel Webster on religion's role - 0
- Mitt Romney is out front, but says he's not running again - 0
On being American: A point for reflection
Your Turn, NH -- Mike Moffett: Republicans can win in 2016 with Kasich at the top of the ticket
Person found dead in Manchester alley
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483