Sep 4, 2014
Aug 28, 2014
Aug 21, 2014
Aug 14, 2014
Man hospitalized following Rochester shooting; suspect still at large
Police said when they arrived about 11:30 a.m., they found a 19-year-old man with a gunshot wound to the chest on the front steps of 42 Lafayette St. He was taken to Frisbie Memorial Hospital with life-threatening injuries.
Capt. Gary Boudreau said police believe the man — who has not been identified — was known to the shooter, who "targeted" him.
"This isn’t a normal type of crime for the area," Boudreau said, adding police have not found any indications to link the shooting to other crimes or determine what led to the incident. A State Police helicopter assisted investigators in their search for the shooter.
"We’re following up on some leads," Boudreau said, adding he could not confirm whether the search is confined to the city.
Witnesses told police the shooter is an African-American male, about 6 feet tall, skinny with shoulder-length dreadlocks.
He was last seen wearing a grey shirt and jean shorts.
Anyone with information should contact the Rochester Police at 330-7127.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Gunman hits Circle K convenience store in Durham - 0
- Widow of chiropractor killed this summer says fatal shooting was no accident - 0
- Man claims rights were violated during investigation - 0
- DWI license revocations - 0
- Salem man arrested for alleged bathroom videotaping - 0
- OHRV trail official hopes arrest will deter others - 0
- One arrested in fight near Manchester Super 8 - 0
- Alleged home invasion accomplice says his testimony was coerced - 0
- Brookline man arrested for allegedly lying about accident - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Suicide car bomber kills 3 foreign troops in Afghan capital; Taliban claims responsibility - 0
- City officials to review proposed 'spice' ban - 0
- Manchester's Delana Curtis is left out in the cold - 0
- Another View -- Sharon Day: The Democrats' claim to be the party for women is just not believable - 3
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Brady a realist - 0
- Burning rubber: And public dollars - 0
- Obama to announce ramped-up efforts to beat Ebola - 0
- Quake strikes northeast of Tokyo, no reports of serious damage - 0
- Hassan was right: 'Bullying' bill goes too far - 2
Mexican man pleads guilty in international conspiracy to traffic hundreds of pounds of cocaine
DWI license revocations
Another View -- Sharon Day: The Democrats' claim to be the party for women is just not believable
Strategery: A war by any other name
Freeh dumb: Favoritism in Vt.?
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917