Home » News » Public Safety
Tubers lose contact with group, spend night in wooded area
Matthew Ellis, 26, of Rochester, and Dylan Meyers, 21, of Farmington, were part of a group of eight who left southern NH intending to float a section of the Saco River in Conway on inner tubes.
They put in at Bear Notch Road at 3 p.m. after leaving a vehicle about five miles downstream below Lower Falls. Low water levels and rocky conditions slowed the group’s progress.
The main party traveled about two miles and at 7 p.m. left the river and walked the remaining distance to their vehicle.
Fish and Game conservation officers responded. Shortly after daybreak, the two men made their way out of the woods and were found to be in good condition.
Both Rocky Gorge and Lower Falls, which is currently closed, are in the section of the river the group intended to travel. At high water levels, Fish and Game noted, multiple drowning incidents have occurred on that stretch of river.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Nashua man critical after being hit by box truck - 0
- Durham fire chief considered for similar post in Natick, Mass. - 0
- Wood-drying kiln heavily damaged by fire - 0
- FinnaRageTV uses Keene for promotion - 0
- After Keene riot, PSU campus on alert as party plan is spread by social media - 1
- 2-alarm Manchester fire displaces 10 - 0
- Missing Mason man found dead - 0
- Nashua police chief to retire - 0
- Pinkerton student taken to hospital after being hit by car - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- John Habib's City Sports: St. Thomas coach: I owe Central - 0
- Armed burglar from Derry sentenced to prison - 0
- 'Bingo hunting' police use random license plate checks to make arrest - 0
- Bedford police investigating burglary at Verizon Wireless store - 0
- Police: Manchester man charged with endangering child after going 101 mph - 0
- FairPoint customer concerned about blocked emails - 0
- Plaistow narrows field in search for its new police chief - 0
- Man faces robbery, assault charges after extradition from NY - 0
- Hershey Bears shut out Monarchs - 0
Hockey brought them together; Hooksett ice rink will serve as NH couple's 'church' for wedding
NH Audubon's Rare Bird Alert
Dartmouth women skaters beat Union