Home » News » Public Safety
Tubers lose contact with group, spend night in wooded area
Matthew Ellis, 26, of Rochester, and Dylan Meyers, 21, of Farmington, were part of a group of eight who left southern NH intending to float a section of the Saco River in Conway on inner tubes.
They put in at Bear Notch Road at 3 p.m. after leaving a vehicle about five miles downstream below Lower Falls. Low water levels and rocky conditions slowed the group’s progress.
The main party traveled about two miles and at 7 p.m. left the river and walked the remaining distance to their vehicle.
Fish and Game conservation officers responded. Shortly after daybreak, the two men made their way out of the woods and were found to be in good condition.
Both Rocky Gorge and Lower Falls, which is currently closed, are in the section of the river the group intended to travel. At high water levels, Fish and Game noted, multiple drowning incidents have occurred on that stretch of river.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Weare police chief on leave amid domestic violence probe - 0
- Traffic backed up a mile in Hampton tractor-trailer accident - 0
- Citizen's Police Academy in Manchester set for Oct. 1 - 0
- Heating unit cause of blaze in Manchester - 0
- Mother of Bedford student hit by car says safety should come first on school grounds - 5
- New Farmington police chief continues to build relationships in the community he’s served for 14 years - 0
- Keene police officer on bicycle struck by car - 0
- Antidote carried by NH first responders a life-saver for heroin overdoses - 0
- In neglect cases, indigent parents may lose legal help - 2
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Pair accused in Hampstead home invasion also face witness tampering charges - 0
- Gunman hits Circle K convenience store in Durham - 0
- Suicide car bomber kills 3 foreign troops in Afghan capital; Taliban claims responsibility - 0
- City officials to review proposed 'spice' ban - 0
- Widow of chiropractor killed this summer says fatal shooting was no accident - 0
- Manchester's Delana Curtis is left out in the cold - 0
- Another View -- Sharon Day: The Democrats' claim to be the party for women is just not believable - 7
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Brady a realist - 0
- Burning rubber: And public dollars - 0
DWI license revocations
Mexican man pleads guilty in international conspiracy to traffic hundreds of pounds of cocaine
Another View -- Sharon Day: The Democrats' claim to be the party for women is just not believable
Strategery: A war by any other name
Freeh dumb: Favoritism in Vt.?
Lawyer wants cellphone evidence thrown out
Deroy Murdock: Stuff the Obama lunch tax