Home » News » Public Safety
Canoe, powerboat collide on Lake Winnipesaukee
New Hampshire Marine Patrol said the boating collision happened on Lake Winnipesaukee between Rattlesnake and Sleepers islands.
In a news release, the agency said Robert Johnson, 74, of East Bridgewater, Mass., was operating a 20-foot Centurian powerboat at about 30 miles an hour, heading east, when it collided with the canoe.
The canoeist, Robert Cavallaro, 50, of Driggs, Idaho, had seen a collision was imminent and jumped into the water. He was evaluated by emergency medical personnel for minor injuries.
The Marine Patrol said charges are pending, but alcohol does not appear to have been a factor in the crash, which happened shortly after 3:30 p.m.
Alton Fire and Rescue also responded to the incident.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Alderman, chief have heated exchange over police residency requirements - 5
- Winter heating season means homeowners need to be alert - 0
- Teen driver hospitalized following accident in Rindge - 0
- Neighbor won't be charged in shooting death of Rumney chiropractor - 12
- Despite contract provisions, most Manchester police officers live outside city - 23
- Londonderry response team celebrates 10th anniversary - 0
- Police say to expect more arrests in wake of Keene chaos - 6
- Keene police working to identify rioters, notify other colleges of students' participation - 8
- Bedford woman injured when tree falls on her - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Another View -- John H. Sununu: Voters, pick a governor who is serious about the Pledge - 1
- Team Obama: Faking right, voting left - 1
- Charles Arlinghaus: This government 'investment' is a bad idea - 0
- Preventing riots: What should Keene do? - 0
- Manchester mayor asks aldermen to hold abandonded property owners accountable - 0
- Residents given Londonderry playing field priority - 0
- NH has 1,300 guardrail ends targeted in federal safety suit - 0
- Manchester Crimewatch: Meat cleaver has key role in threats, assault case - 0
- Mass. man charged with robbing Tobacco Junction store in Pelham - 0
Locked in a dead heat, Shaheen, Brown spar
NH's back-road rest areas fading away
Team Obama: Faking right, voting left
Preventing riots: What should Keene do?
Keene riots a focus of gubernatorial debate