All Sections
Welcome guest, you have 3 views left. | Register | Sign In

Salem family ldisplaced by house fire

SALEM - A family of three was displaced by a fire that heavily damaged the second floor of a Central Avenue home on Friday, Fire Capt. Tim Kenney said.


Firefighters arrived at 11 Church Ave. about 7 p.m. Friday and saw fire and smoke coming out of a second floor window. The occupants, a woman and her two sons, had already gotten out of the house with their pets.


He said the fire, which he estimated caused about $75,000 worth of damage, was under control about 7:30 p.m. He said the house was not a total loss, but was not habitable. The family was provided shelter by the American Red Cross, he said.


Nobody was injured in the fire, he said.


Follow us on Twitter Follow us on Facebook Follow our RSS feed
Union Leader app for Apple iPad or Android *
Click to download from Apple Apps StoreClick to download from Android Marketplace
* e-Edition subscription required

More Public Safety

NH Angle - Public Safety