SALEM - A family of three was displaced by a fire that heavily damaged the second floor of a Central Avenue home on Friday, Fire Capt. Tim Kenney said.
Firefighters arrived at 11 Church Ave. about 7 p.m. Friday and saw fire and smoke coming out of a second floor window. The occupants, a woman and her two sons, had already gotten out of the house with their pets.
He said the fire, which he estimated caused about $75,000 worth of damage, was under control about 7:30 p.m. He said the house was not a total loss, but was not habitable. The family was provided shelter by the American Red Cross, he said.