SALEM - A family of three was displaced by a fire that heavily damaged the second floor of a Central Avenue home on Friday, Fire Capt. Tim Kenney said.
Firefighters arrived at 11 Church Ave. about 7 p.m. Friday and saw fire and smoke coming out of a second floor window. The occupants, a woman and her two sons, had already gotten out of the house with their pets.
He said the fire, which he estimated caused about $75,000 worth of damage, was under control about 7:30 p.m. He said the house was not a total loss, but was not habitable. The family was provided shelter by the American Red Cross, he said.
Dozens of law enforcement agencies scoured the area surrounding Norridgewock, Maine, Wednesday, in search of the 29-year-old man they believe shot and killed a Somerset County sheriff's deputy during...