Local contestants sought for Ms. Senior America pageant
MILFORD — Organizers for a senior women’s pageant are seeking contestants to share their inner beauty.
The 2014 Ms. New Hampshire Senior American Pageant will take place Aug. 13 at Ledgewood Bay at Milford, 43 Ledgewood Drive. The festivities will begin at 7 p.m.
Windham resident Barbara Danais, who earned the title in 2013, said she was reluctant to compete in a pageant for senior citizens, but the experience has been rewarding.
“Everyone knows that seniors are the cornerstone of society and that we have a lot to offer the next generation,” Danais said. “We also still have what it takes to be beauty queens.”
Said to be the world’s “first and foremost pageant to emphasize and honor women who have reached the ‘Age of Elegance’, the Ms. Senior America Pageant is open to ladies age 60 or older.
Contestants are judged on their talent, inner beauty, individual fulfillment and elegance, according to the organization’s website. There are an evening gown and talent competition.
Those wishing to compete must register by July 30.
Danais won the hearts of local judges last year by singing an earnest tune and strumming her acoustic guitar.
The winner of this year’s Granite State title will have the chance at the national crown later this fall.
The National Ms. Senior America 2014 pageant will be held at the Resorts Casino Hotel in Atlantic City from Oct. 28-30.
For more information, visit www.nhsenioramerica.org or contact Danais at 540-7467.
Tickets for the August pageant may be reserved by emailing email@example.com.
To improve the chance of seeing your comment posted here or published in the New Hampshire Union Leader:
- Identify yourself. Accounts using fake or incomplete names are suspended regardless of the quality of posts.
- Say something new, stay on topic, keep it short.
- Links to outside URLs are discouraged, if used they should be on topic.
- Avoid comments in bad taste, write well, avoid using all capital letters
- Don't cite facts about individuals or businesses without providing a means to verify the claim
- If you see an objectionable comment please click the "Report Abuse" button and be sure to tell us why.
Note: Comments are the opinion of the respective poster and not of the publisher.Be the first to comment.