Nov 6, 2014
Oct 30, 2014
Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Couple indicted in abuse of 8-year-old boy in Nashua
A Hillsborough County Superior Court grand jury has handed up one indictment against Katlyn Marin, 25, of 14 Oak St., charging her with second-degree assault.
According to court documents, Marin and Rivera are both accused of striking the 8-year-old boy with a belt between January and April. Rivera is also is accused of “forcing (the child) to kneel for 15 minutes to one hour, causing bruising to his legs and knees,” states the indictment on file at Hillsborough County Superior Court South.
When Brooks confronted Marin about her children’s welfare at the family residence, police observed bruising on three other children, ages 4, 3, and 9 months old.
Police previously issued an ex parte request and Judge Michael Ryan placed all five of the children into an emergency foster family earlier this year.
Two of the children told a DCYF caseworker that Marin and Rivera allegedly strike their 8-year-old brother with a belt almost daily, adding they are only allowed to eat once a day when they are at home, the court documents state.
Marin and Rivera have denied the accusations, telling authorities that the children are hostile with each other. Marin described her 8-year-old son as “extremely aggressive and dangerous,” adding she placed an alarm on his door to alert her when he leaves since he previously hurt his siblings, according to court records.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Ferguson protests enter third day; arrests in St. Louis - 0
- Abuse history at Nashua address where 3-year-old died - 0
- Franklin robbery suspect sought, considered armed and dangerous - 0
- Franklin man and woman arraigned for attempted prostitution of minor - 0
- Police investigating death of 3-year-old girl in Nashua - 7
- Police say hit-and-run driver was observed tossing beer cans from car - 1
- Police say woman stole pocketbook at Hudson Market Basket - 0
- Police say former manager of Hudson McDonald's stole $10k from restaurant - 1
- Manchester man facing two aggravated felonious sexual assault charges - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester Turkey Bowl will go as scheduled - 0
- Red Sox think they got free agent signings right this time - 0
- Turkey Bowls: Passion always on the menu - 0
- Manchester Turkey Bowl: Crusaders aim to rewrite history - 0
- Dave Solomon's Power Plays: Who knew what and when in PSNH scrubber case? - 0
- Story of Marine Memorial at Hampton Beach begins with Bill Downs - 0
- Immigrants include ethnic dishes at their Thanksgiving table - 0
- Puritans in America: Daniel Webster on religion's role - 0
- Mitt Romney is out front, but says he's not running again - 0
On being American: A point for reflection
Your Turn, NH -- Mike Moffett: Republicans can win in 2016 with Kasich at the top of the ticket
Person found dead in Manchester alley
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483