Home » Opinion » Editorials
Hang Havenstein! He once quoted the President
Gubernatorial hopeful Walt Havenstein, on the other hand, doesn't have a political record and that is driving his opponents, and apparently some journalists, to distraction, and absurdity.
"As President Obama stated in his inaugural address last Tuesday, 'Our challenges may be new. The instruments with which we meet them may be new. But those values on which our success depends - hard work and honesty, courage and fair play, tolerance and curiosity, loyalty and patriotism - these things are old,'" Havenstein told Academy students.
Hang the man!
Seriously, reasonable people tend to wish the new guy well, for the nation's sake.
Unless we were dreaming, even GOP stalwart Judd Gregg considered joining Obama's first Cabinet on that basis.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Hollis officials seek to protect conservation lands from pipeline project - 0
- Funding for Berlin wind farm up for council hearing Wednesday - 1
- City landfill could host state’s largest solar farm - 5
- Plans for Manchester solar array project move forward - 0
- Utilities offer tips to help fight high winter energy costs - 0
- Bracing for the heating season throughout New Hampshire - 1
- Firewood scarcity driven by demand throughout NH - 2
- Hopkinton wood program is neighbor to neighbor - 0
- Fire marshal OKs Groton Wind operations after deeming facility safe - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- John Habib's City Sports: St. Thomas coach: I owe Central - 0
- Armed burglar from Derry sentenced to prison - 0
- 'Bingo hunting' police use random license plate checks to make arrest - 0
- Bedford police investigating burglary at Verizon Wireless store - 0
- Police: Manchester man charged with endangering child after going 101 mph - 0
- FairPoint customer concerned about blocked emails - 0
- Plaistow narrows field in search for its new police chief - 0
- Man faces robbery, assault charges after extradition from NY - 0
- Hershey Bears shut out Monarchs - 0
Hockey brought them together; Hooksett ice rink will serve as NH couple's 'church' for wedding
Dartmouth women skaters beat Union
NH Audubon's Rare Bird Alert
Armed burglar from Derry sentenced to prison
Hershey Bears shut out Monarchs