Home » News » Public Safety
Manchester driver dead in crash on I-293
The man who died was identified as Edward Wells, 59.
State police said Wells was unresponsive and was taken to Catholic Medical Center, where he succumbed to his injuries.
Wells was driving a 2002 GMC Envoy that struck a guardrail in the northbound lane between Exits 6 and 7 and came to rest on its roof. Wells was not wearing a seatbelt.State police said witnesses reported the Envoy was traveling west on Front Street when it veered across the road, traveled through an uphill grass median and struck a guardrail, which caused it to vault onto Interstate 293, coming to rest on its roof in the left lane.
Anyone with information about the crash is asked to contact Trooper Mark Suttmeier at the New Hampshire State Police Troop B barracks 666-3333.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- 12-hour effort needed to get Mass. hiker off Mt. Adams - 0
- Body found under Manchester bridge was local woman - 0
- Woman gets speeding ticket, then crashes into guard rail - 4
- Weare Deputy Chief Sean Kelly set to manage Weare Police Department - 0
- Lizard in food sends 300 schoolchildren to hospital - 0
- Body found under Manchester bridge identified as local woman - 0
- Communications giant chips in for generator for Derry FD - 0
- Londonderry family fair returns but child safety is still the theme - 0
- Girl, grandmother escape fire in Rochester home with no detectors - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Not your standard victory - 0
- Diane Foley is a lady of extraordinary elegance - 0
- Mayor's police contract veto may face override in Nashua - 0
- Havenstein to unveil 'Pledge 2.0' today, saying, 'I won't spend money we don't have' - 1
- Motivation Matters: Hey, boss! How am I doing? - 0
- Big Idea Group a startup breeding ground - 0
- North Country summit to highlight job creation - 0
- Food stamp loophole not a go in NH - 0
- Your Turn, NH -- Everett Pollard: Mount Sunapee's master plan will benefit whole region - 0
7 hikers rescued from Pawtuckaway
Food stamp loophole not a go in NH
Foreclosure relief clinic Oct. 1 in Derry
NH's future: Dean Kamen highlights a problem