Home » News » Public Safety
Manchester driver dead in crash on I-293
The man who died was identified as Edward Wells, 59.
State police said Wells was unresponsive and was taken to Catholic Medical Center, where he succumbed to his injuries.
Wells was driving a 2002 GMC Envoy that struck a guardrail in the northbound lane between Exits 6 and 7 and came to rest on its roof. Wells was not wearing a seatbelt.State police said witnesses reported the Envoy was traveling west on Front Street when it veered across the road, traveled through an uphill grass median and struck a guardrail, which caused it to vault onto Interstate 293, coming to rest on its roof in the left lane.
Anyone with information about the crash is asked to contact Trooper Mark Suttmeier at the New Hampshire State Police Troop B barracks 666-3333.
READER COMMENTS: 2
- Cause of 3-alarm Derry fire remains under investigation - 0
- Claremont police warn public about suspicious soda bottles - 0
- Mechanical failure ruled out in fatal plane crash that claimed lives of two Kingston men - 0
- UPDATED: Cause of three-alarm Derry blaze under investigation - 1
- Woman shot during Manchester drug raid ID'd - 0
- Weare police chief on leave amid domestic violence probe - 2
- Traffic backed up a mile in Hampton tractor-trailer accident - 0
- Citizen's Police Academy in Manchester set for Oct. 1 - 0
- Heating unit cause of blaze in Manchester - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Charles Arlinghaus: NH's job problem needs more than one fix - 0
- USNH's raw deal: Part deux - 0
- Every vote counts: Here is the proof - 0
- College Sports Roundup: NEC's Locke scores twice in soccer win - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Campbell, Jutras blank Gilford - 0
- Pirates stay hot, blank Red Sox - 0
- Londonderry police to open station to residents - 0
- Man accused of raping 13-year old in Nashua - 1
- NHIAA Golf: Crusaders teeing up special year - 0
Alleged accomplice in brutal Bedford home invasion, attack on doctor and wife, says his testimony was coerced
Man accused of raping 13-year old in Nashua
Seabrook mom pleads not guilty by reason of insanity to attempted murder of her two children
Win tickets to see Demi Lovato
Another View -- Sharon Day: The Democrats' claim to be the party for women is just not believable
Another View -- Bill Duncan: What did the NH Supreme Court really say about private school funding?
Every vote counts: Here is the proof