Launch of Derry councilor's Spacetown T-Shirt campaign delayed
Councilors recently discussed ways to promote Derry and spark economic development in town. One of the methods involved reviving the Space Town USA theme and using the image of famed astronaut Alan Shepard Jr. to attract visitors to Derry.
“I went and bought seven T-shirts and I have a problem,” Dimmock said. “Mike won’t fit into one, I won’t fit into one and neither will Dave. We have to find out where we can get several extra, extra large T-shirts.”
Also during the meeting, Dimmock said he wanted to hear from the public on ways to promote Derry.
“Why would people want to come to Derry?” he asked.
“We need to do something to excite Derry into a place people want to be,” Dimmock said.
To improve the chance of seeing your comment posted here or published in the New Hampshire Union Leader:
- Identify yourself. Accounts using fake or incomplete names are suspended regardless of the quality of posts.
- Say something new, stay on topic, keep it short.
- Links to outside URLs are discouraged, if used they should be on topic.
- Avoid comments in bad taste, write well, avoid using all capital letters
- Don't cite facts about individuals or businesses without providing a means to verify the claim
- If you see an objectionable comment please click the "Report Abuse" button and be sure to tell us why.
Note: Comments are the opinion of the respective poster and not of the publisher.Be the first to comment.